Sports Classes
Most of the PE students I know have taken or are currently taking Aquatic Fundamentals with Dr. Ogoreuc. It is a refreshing break from the usual lecture classes most students take and that's a big reason why I enjoy this major. The PE major includes many sports classes where the students get to play games and practice skills that will help them teach future students. During my year at Edinboro I took multiple sports classes that ended up being my favorite memories from that time period. The classes were about Soccer, Basketball, and Track. Many of my classmates were seniors on the football team who were taking it as an elective and they made the class 10x better since they were athletic freaks. These sports classes provide great fun and help students stay in shape and I hope I get to do some more before I graduate.
I am sure you will be in just as much as shape as everyone else if you keep trugging along! Were you only at Edinboro for a year? Did you like it there more or are you much more happier that your at Slippery Rock now?
ReplyDeleteI made a lot more friends at slip so I'm enjoying it more. Edinboro was very cold as well.
DeleteI have taken Aquatic Fundamentals last year and can definitely agree. It was a fun, different class instead of the usual class room setting as you said. That is a reason why I switched majors as well, I enjoy sports too much to not be doing anything with it. I am looking forward to taking Outdoor Pursuits as well as taking more of my coaching classes! Being active during the class and being hands on allows me to learn better!
ReplyDeleteOutdoor pursuits was fun even online. Dr. Smith brought us out to the ski lodge a few times to do the ropes course and ziplining. I bet it will be really fun in person the whole semester.
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more! Our major is amazing, I love everything about it. The classes have a nice ratio of fun and learning. Not only are we learning a lot but we also get to have fun while doing it. Mr. O is a great teacher and I really am enjoying his aquatic fundamentals class.
ReplyDelete